CWC North Calendar of Events
NEXT CWC NORTH EVENT DETAILS
Beyond Poems and Paintings: An Ekphrastic Art Exhibit - January 4 - February 20, 2020 - SUBMISSION CLOSED
Poets, see your words through the eyes of an artist. Charlotte Writers’ Club North and Mooresville Arts are seeking poets and artists to participate in an Ekphrastic art exhibition.
Selected poems will be featured along with artists’ interpretations at a reception on September 11, 2020 at the Mooresville Arts Gallery. Poets and artists will have the opportunity to socialize with one another and comment on their efforts and interpretations.
This event is a non-judged, non-compensatory exhibit. It is not a contest.
Entries must be submitted between January 4 and February 20, 2020. Only the first 50 poems will be considered of which eight will be selected for artists’ interpretations.
Three readers will narrow the selection. One will be a visual artist. A poet/visual artist will select the final eight image-inspiring poems. They will be published on the Charlotte Writers’ Club and Mooresville Arts websites, and poets will be contacted.
- Poems must be 25 lines or less.
- Multiple entries are not allowed.
- Entries should be single-spaced in any standard 12 -point font, such as Times New Roman, Arial, Verdana, or Courier.
- These are blind submissions. Do not include any identifying information other than the title of the poem you are uploading.
- In the "cover letter" include your name, contact information / email address, and date submitted. Include the number of lines in the poem, title and credits, if the poem was previously published.
2019-2020 CWC North Upcoming Events
September 7, 2019 - 4pm - Poetry reading book launch for Southern Exposure by Elisa Troutman at Main Street Books, 126 South Main, Davidson,
October 5, 2019 - 1pm - 4pm - Workshop -Memoir led by Judy Goldman (CWCN)
November 23, 2019 - 4pm - Book launch party for Poetry on Love and Lattes written by Adriennne Gilman
January 4, 2020 - February 20, 2020 - Beyond Poems and Paintings - Submit Poetry
February 22, 2020 - 1pm - 4pm - Workshop - Personal Essay led by Patrice Gopo