For more than 90 years, the mission of the Charlotte Writers' Club has been to create a supportive writing environment within the greater Charlotte community. Today the CWC continues to serve numerous members, including some of the region's best-known writers.
Founded in 1922 by Mrs. A.L. Kimball, the Charlotte Writers' Club filled a much needed void. When Mrs. Kimball moved to the Charlotte area, she discovered that no writing club was available and set about starting one.
The club has grown considerably over the years and now includes over 250 members and a "branch" in the Lake Norman area -- referred to as CWC-North. CWC hosts several meetings/events each season in Charlotte and Davidson. For more information on CWC, visit the History
As a member of The Charlotte Writers' Club, you will enjoy:
- Monthly Email Newsletters
- Informative monthly programs with knowledgeable & experienced speakers
- Advanced notice of events
- Membership discounts on Charlotte Writers' Club workshops
- Public reading opportunities
- Contact with other writers in your genre
- Critique group opportunities
- Membership discounts in Charlotte Writers' Club contests
- Publication possibilities
Membership dues are $30 for individuals, $40 for couples, and $20 for full-time students. Guests are welcome up to two visits before deciding to join. If you would like to help support the CWC, please consider becoming a Benefactor of The Charlotte Writers' Club with a donation of $100+. Visit our Membership
page for more details.
Need more information before joining? Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter by email
. It's free for members and non-members!